Skip to main content

The Immortals Of Meluha Book Review

 

The Immortals Of Meluha Book Review



The Immortals Of Meluha Book Review 


The Immortals of Meluha" is a phenomenal example of how a book with a great concept — I mean, just the time this is set in 1900 BC alone is enough to perk my ears up and go, "Most fantasy isn't set that long ago" — being absolutely destroyed by technical problems. 

It's really a failure to launch. We have this big beautiful rocket on the launch pad that I'm excited to see soar to these heights, and it only gets like 300 feet in the air before exploding. It's just not delivering on what was promised.

Now, if you're a reader, though, who's not bothered by these more technical issues I talked about — weaker prose, you know, some telling not showing, a severe insistence on repetition — you could absolutely still enjoy this just on the premise. 

It's executed well enough, and the ending could bother some but overall is satisfactory in that nature. So if you are a plot reader, you'll probably have your rating substantially higher than mine.

Fortunately, though, for me, this is going to remain at a 3.5 out of 10. I absolutely see golden nuggets; they are just so few and in between that I'm not going to really be recommending this to anybody. 

I won't be picking up the sequel, and I will be trying again with another story to enter this type of fantasy in the future. And I do specifically want to end this review by asking my audience members to please go ahead and recommend if you're familiar with this type of fantasy, another place for me to try and get going with, you know, my taste in mind. 

I guess it is a pie thing to ask for people who are just casually watching some guy's review online, but it remains. Anyway, guys, like and subscribe if you have not already, hit the Patreon if you'd like to support what I do here. 

Have a good one, y'all. Peace. And of course, I'd like to record a special shout-out to my recent high-tier patrons Grey Hive and Jordan Bonnell. Thank you guys so, so much. Hope you're having a good one. 



Download File








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Person Singular By Haruki Murakami Book Review

  First Person Singular By Haruki Murakami Book Review  First Person Singular By Haruki Murakami,  first person singular is a collection of eight short stories and these stories deal with different themes one of the most recurring themes  This book is of music which is something that you can expect in a Murakami book other themes are those about recounting memories from the past of being nostalgic of the narrator having certain very fascinating encounters and as far as the narration of these eight short stories is concerned  They all have been narrated in first person but it is only in the last few stories that I felt that the narrator was Murakami himself apart from that in the first few stories the narrator seemed like a random person to me  So on the whole the vibe of this book to me was very semi-autobiographical the overall vibe of this book was quite fictional although all these fiction stories were presented rather realistically so that was something...

The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Book Review

  The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Book Review  Details of The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes book  Book Name:   The Hawthorne Legacy  Authors:  Jennifer Lynn Barnes Pages:  368 Genre:   Contemporary Romance Fiction Publish Date:   7 September 2021 Language:  English Book Review: In "The Inheritance Games," Avery inherits billions and an entire estate from Mr. Tobias Hawthorne. To secure her inheritance, she must solve puzzles and live in the Hawthorne mansion for a year. As she uncovers the mysterious ties between her and the Hawthorne family, the plot thickens, leading to unexpected revelations. I'm thoroughly enjoying this series, consistently giving each book four stars. Jennifer Limbaugh has found her stride in the thriller genre, and it shows. "The Hawthorne Legacy" picks up seamlessly where the first book left off, providing a compelling continuation of the saga. Having eagerly awaited this sequel, I was not ...

Win Your Inner Battles by Darius Foroux Book Review

  Win Your Inner Battles by Darius Foroux Book Review All of us desire transformation and achievement in our lives, aspiring to avoid certain habits, make necessary changes, and emulate inspiring personalities. Despite these wishes, readiness for change may not always be present.  To achieve our goals, immediate action and dedicated effort are essential. However, the journey is often fraught with internal confusion and unnecessary diversions, creating obstacles to clarity and progress. The author, Darius Foroux, argues that the biggest impediment to fulfilling our goals is our own brain, engaged in an eternal battle of conflicting thoughts on whether to take action or remain idle. Addressing the perpetual dilemma of doing or not doing, and questioning the rewards of our efforts, the book, "Win Your Inner Battles," proposes a strategy to work in alignment with our brains to achieve goals and fulfill wishes. Darius Foroux explores the common fears and doubts that hinder our pur...