Skip to main content

Meet Me Halfway by Lilian T. James Book Review

 

Meet Me Halfway by Lilian T. James Book Review



Click here to download the pdf 


Meet Me Halfway by Lilian T. James Book Review 


Meet Me Halfway is about Karina and Ryan. Karina is a single mom, and she has been hired to do a Food Network show. She started an Instagram page born out of her love of cooking, and that got picked up and noticed by the Food Network, and they have hired her to do a cooking show. Ryan is one of the producers of that show, and that's how they meet. The book has dual perspectives, which I always loved.

Karina was easy to like from the get-go. I did find myself wanting to hear a little more about her cooking, but then I remembered, which I'm so glad that I thought about it, that Dee has an Instagram page called "Halfway Homemade," which is actually the name of Karina's Instagram page. 

So then I remembered all that, and it's like a real deal. You can look it up on Instagram. In fact, I will include it in the comments below. She posts great recipes that are halfway homemade, easy recipes.

Ryan is English. He has come to live in America to produce the Food Network show. We find out a little about him and how he grew up; his mom is a famous chef and had a cooking show as well. 

He travelled the world with her and his brother Alfie, who was a great character. So, this is like a step up in his career to become the producer, and they're super excited about this new venture, and he likes Karina from the get-go.

I liked how Dee told their story. It was very fluid, very organic, very easy to read. I kind of wondered if there was going to be any drama and where that drama was going to fit in. I was surprised by the drama and who created it. I don't even know if drama is the right word, but the little something-something where you're not sure if you're going to get the happily ever after.

Ryan and Karina like each other immediately. Of course, there's that whole boss-employee kind of type thing going on, but they have great chemistry, and you just can't get in the way of that sometimes. And I love the way Dee wrote it.

Something that I always adore about these books is the family and friends that surround the main characters. I would love to live in that world, and it was the same in "Meet Me Halfway." 

Karina's family, her brothers, her sister, her mom and dad, her best friend - they, I just loved them. And Ryan and his brother had a great relationship that I enjoyed reading about as well. 

In fact, one night they decided to go out to celebrate being on the show, and it's all of her family and her friends, and Ryan and Alfie go with, and it was really kind of where I sort of fell for Ryan that night because he sees things about Karina. 

He notices things. He's in tune with her. And he was a little bit of her knight in shining armour with her that night in that he took care of her and noticed things about her that nobody else was kind of paying attention to. And to me, the attention he was giving her just showed me how much he liked her.

They end up ending the night at her grandfather's diner, and they go and they have like a late-night snack, and of course, you know, it's great food and atmosphere, and they're all there, and it's a celebration. 

Ryan is sitting at the table with his brother, and this is what Alfie says, "I'm just impressed," he says, looking around me to where Karina is now turned to face her siblings. "They're good people, mate. I think this is going to be a good thing for both of us." So, they feel embraced by her family and friends, which to me was very sweet.

And then a little bit later on, this is what Karina says, "So far in the less than 24-hour span, I've known him; he's called me out when I was late, managed to single-handedly save me from losing my phone in the middle of a Boston nightclub, won over my siblings and best friend while eating cheeseburgers and milkshakes at my grandfather's diner, and is about to make Janice's night with a $100 tip that he didn't want credit for. Who are you, Ryan West? 

Yep, I was like, girl, you are in so much trouble. He, Ryan, was just that guy, the perfect guy. I loved how he was with her daughter Lena. It never felt forced from Ryan's perspective. 

The way Dee wrote this from Ryan, I just, loved it. It's so simple, but I just love that he said this and the way Dee worded it: 'How fitting. She smells like the ocean, naturally beautiful and powerful enough to drown in if you're not careful.'"

We do get a happily ever after with Karina and Ryan's story, and I would definitely recommend it. Let me know if you have read "Meet Me Halfway" or any other Dee's books in the comment section below. Thanks so much for hanging out with me today, guys. I'll see you soon. Bye!


Also read: Surrounded by Idiots Book Review 

Also read: It Happened One Summer by Tessa Bailey 

Also read: Deep Work by Cal Newport 

Also read: The Book Show by RJ Ananthi 

Also read: The Science of Storytelling by Will Storr 

Also read: In Search Of Tranquility by Kapil Kumar 


 THANK YOU SO MUCH 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hitman by Manoj V Jain Book Review

  The Hitman by Manoj V Jain Book Review  The Hitman is the story of a man named Vivek who is about to turn 40 in a few hours When the Story begins Vivek is extremely depressed about his life and he has nothing to look forward to Also when you are completing this age-related Milestone you obviously end up taking stock of your life as a whole you end up taking stock of your previous decade This happens when you turn 20 30 40. so that's what Vivek does he has a stable career as a coder but he doesn't have any love in his life and there is no hope of any love ever coming into his life so he is just not happy with whatever ever has been going on in his life So he decides that he's going to spend the last few hours of being a 39-year-old in an obscure Bar Named the Brahman Bar as he enters this bar he observes other people and that makes him even more unhappy So Vivek ends up striking up a conversation with an interesting and fascinating-looking stranger and by the end of this c...

First Person Singular By Haruki Murakami Book Review

  First Person Singular By Haruki Murakami Book Review  First Person Singular By Haruki Murakami,  first person singular is a collection of eight short stories and these stories deal with different themes one of the most recurring themes  This book is of music which is something that you can expect in a Murakami book other themes are those about recounting memories from the past of being nostalgic of the narrator having certain very fascinating encounters and as far as the narration of these eight short stories is concerned  They all have been narrated in first person but it is only in the last few stories that I felt that the narrator was Murakami himself apart from that in the first few stories the narrator seemed like a random person to me  So on the whole the vibe of this book to me was very semi-autobiographical the overall vibe of this book was quite fictional although all these fiction stories were presented rather realistically so that was something...

The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Book Review

  The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Book Review  Details of The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes book  Book Name:   The Hawthorne Legacy  Authors:  Jennifer Lynn Barnes Pages:  368 Genre:   Contemporary Romance Fiction Publish Date:   7 September 2021 Language:  English Book Review: In "The Inheritance Games," Avery inherits billions and an entire estate from Mr. Tobias Hawthorne. To secure her inheritance, she must solve puzzles and live in the Hawthorne mansion for a year. As she uncovers the mysterious ties between her and the Hawthorne family, the plot thickens, leading to unexpected revelations. I'm thoroughly enjoying this series, consistently giving each book four stars. Jennifer Limbaugh has found her stride in the thriller genre, and it shows. "The Hawthorne Legacy" picks up seamlessly where the first book left off, providing a compelling continuation of the saga. Having eagerly awaited this sequel, I was not ...